- 1 bottle of Grenache (the best) or Pinot Noir (also works)
- 1 large orange
- 1 cup thinly sliced seasonal fruit (we love strawberries, pineapple, and peach)
- 1 small lemon, sliced into thin rounds
- ½ cup brandy
- 1 to 2 tablespoons maple syrup, to taste
- Ice, for serving
- A snazzy new outfit (optional, but it sure looks good)
- Slice the orange in half from the stem end downward and squeeze the juice of one-half into a pitcher. Thinly slice the remaining orange half and place into the pitcher.
- Add the prepared seasonal fruit and lemon. Add the brandy and 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup. Pour the wine into the pitcher and stir to combine. Taste, and add another tablespoon of maple syrup if it’s not sweet enough for your liking.
- You can serve this sangria immediately, or let it marinate for 2 to 8 hours for more fruity flavour. Serve in wine glasses with a few ice cubes to keep it chilled. And you’re done! Sip, sip hooray!
Serves 6 glasses. 5 if no one is watching.
Recipe from our friends at Cookie and Kate